Regal House is currently closed for new submissions. Not only are we flooded by incoming queries, but we want to ensure that we can pay every necessary editorial attention to the works currently in our pipeline.
Regal House, Fitzroy Books, and Pact Press will reopen for new submissions on October 1st, 2017. We look forward to perusing your manuscripts!
For submissions sent after October 1st, please send us:
a query letter, a one-page synopsis of your story, and the first three chapters of your novel or the first fifty pages, whichever is more.
Please add in the email subject line: “Submission – ‘title of your work.'”
We accept only electronic submissions.
We will respond immediately to let you know that we have received your submission, which will then be forwarded to our acquisition editors for careful consideration. We will notify you within two weeks if additional chapters are required.
If we have requested the full manuscript of your work, please take the extra time to read the following:
Manuscript Preparation for Full MS requests:
Almost every publishing house, magazine, and agent will have preferences or requirements for how to format and present a manuscript (sort of like having a dress code). Professional courtesy means becoming familiar with and following these preferences. Here is a list of what we at Regal expect:
- Put your manuscript in a Microsoft Word (a recent vintage, please) file.
- Before sending in your manuscript, run the Spelling and Grammar check (just remember to think through every suggestion it makes).
- Set margins to 1.25 inches on all sides.
- Double-space your manuscript.
- Insert page numbers (bottom center, please).
- Use a standard twelve-point serif font (Palatino, Times New Roman, etc.)
- Remove all special formatting (words in italic or bold style are fine). Turn off automatic paragraphing and any other automatic formatting, delete special characters serving as division markers, get rid of any internal or external hyperlinks
We really appreciate authors who take the time to make sure their manuscripts are ready for prime time. A well-prepared manuscript allows us to review a submission efficiently and indicates its author is genuinely interested in working with us. Thank you for dressing your work in the proper apparel before sending it out!
Authors submit at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Literary Agents contact us at: email@example.com